Overcoming Graduation Ep. 61 Doug Stewart: The 5 and 1/2 Mentors That Will Change Your Life, Tedx Speaker, Coach
Are you wanting a mentor in your life but don’t even know where to begin? Do you think meaningful mentorship is out of your grasp? Well Doug Stewart is here just in the nick of time to tell you about the 5 and 1/2 mentors that exist in our lives, and how you can begin learning from mentors TODAY!
Doug was diagnosed with multiple learning disabilities as a child (dyslexia, narcolepsy, ADD). After receiving these diagnoses, he decided that he was stupid and could not learn, accepting what society had told him. It took Sarah, his college academic advisor, to snap him out of the reality he had chosen to live in and show him his true potential. Her words helped Doug, a D1 Basketball with a 1.4 GPA, to go from almost failing out of school, to a 3.4 GPA in one semester.
Doug recently gave his first Tedx talk at Tedx Raleigh, is the director of training at Mega Group USA, a Dale Carnegie certified instructor, and a coach helping clients one-on-one with public speaking and so much more.
In today’s interview Doug will discuss:
– The 5 and 1/2 different mentors in your life, how to identify them and how to get started with mentorship today
– The difference between mentorship and apprenticeship
– “Alarm-clock Moments” what they are and how Doug’s changed his life forever
– The difference between “I am” and “I have”
– What to do if you don’t have any money to invest in a mentor and how to get free mentorship
– Why you need to successfully deploy the first 4 types of mentors before the 5th will show up in your life
– Why “thrashing” is valuable in helping you determine what you want to do with your life
– The “3 E’s” required for you to earn the right to give an impactful presentation to an audience
And so much more!
To get your subscription to Audible, click the affiliate link below to get a 30 day free trial as well as a book credit for one free book of your choice!
To subscribe to the podcast, search for “Overcoming Graduation” on Itunes or on Stitcher or click here to be taken to the Itunes page!
If this episode was of value to you, please like, share, give a rating, and provide feedback on the show. This will help me understand how I can better serve you and reach even more people!
To provide a rating click here, click the “View in Itunes” button under the podcast art, click “Rating and Reviews” to the right of the podcast art, and then leave me your feedback, I’d love to hear what you think and how I can better serve you!
To buy your copy of the #1 Amazon Best Seller, The First Step, support myTEAM TRIUMPH, and get your free book bonuses, visit TheFirstStepGift.com
To contact me directly for interview recommendations, to provide feedback on the show, or to contact me for speaking engagements / book signings, reach out to me at Brian@OvercomingGraduation.com