At 25 Sophie is a performer, comedian, actress, works at Omny Studios, and has recently decided to go back to school. How can she possibly do all of these things and find success in all of them?
Would you believe that it all began when she entered university in Australia to study law. She thought that was the logical progression. She got great marks and people with great marks went on to become lawyers or something similar, then they were “successful.”
Very quickly she realized that law was not right for her. What did she switch into? Drama and Performing Arts study.
Those two couldn’t be much further apart but in performing Sophie found her passion. After two years at school she decided to step away from school to focus on her art full time.
She has performed all over Australia, done shows with friends, written and performed her own shows, and even written and performed two solo shows.
One of the biggest challenges she faced was getting past the crippling self doubt about not being on a conventional path.
Eventually she was drawn to Omny Studio, a company that is all about podcasting. This sparked her interest in technology which she learned on the fly while working. Finally she decided she wanted to go back to Uni and is now deep in the technology and business world and loving it!
In today’s interview Sophie will discuss:
– Should you be a specialist or a generalist? Sophie offers one of the most valuable pieces of advice I have heard yet on this show
– Why she started in a Law Degree at university (which she calls “uni”) and then switched to Drama and Performing Arts
– Why she stepped away from college, knowing that one day she wanted to go back (as well as the benefits she has now that she is back)
– Some of the most important lessons she learned from being a performer all over Australia
– Why she decides to do the things that scare her most as much as possible
– Her MOST important lesson to find success in any field whether it be performing arts or a large corporation
– Her top 3 pieces of advice to start a successful podcast
And so much more!
To contact Sophie, she loves to connect on Twitter! Reach out and let her know what you found most valuable in today’s episode:
Want to learn more about how to kick ass in podcasting? Check out Omny Studios:
To get your subscription to Audible, click the affiliate link below to get a 30 day free trial as well as a book credit for one free book of your choice!
To subscribe to the podcast, search for “Overcoming Graduation” on Itunes or on Stitcher or click here to be taken to the Itunes page!
If this episode was of value to you, please like, share, give a rating, and provide feedback on the show. This will help me understand how I can better serve you and reach even more people!
To provide a rating click here, click the “View in Itunes” button under the podcast art, click “Rating and Reviews” to the right of the podcast art, and then leave me your feedback, I’d love to hear what you think and how I can better serve you!
To buy your copy of the #1 Amazon Best Seller, The First Step, support myTEAM TRIUMPH, and get your free book bonuses, visit TheFirstStepGift.com
To contact me directly for interview recommendations, to provide feedback on the show, or to contact me for speaking engagements / book signings, reach out to me at Brian@OvercomingGraduation.com