Ep. 66: Brian “BJ” Kang: Business Strategist, Sales/Marketing Consultant and Coach
In high school, Brian found himself in a deep depression which carried over into college. He found himself clutching at things, drinking, partying, to fill a void but really was just disconnected with himself.
His biggest hurdle was he didn’t know how to ask for help. He was surrounded by friends and loved ones but couldn’t bring himself to say that four letter word, “Help.”
He gained between 30-40 pounds, was financially broke, and everything hit a low in 2008. He looked in the mirror and did not like what he saw. He was blaming everything but himself for his situation and felt lost.
Until one day, he finally asked for help. He realized that asking for help is not a weakness but actually a massive strength.
Through therapy and self-care Brian was able to retake control of his life, lose the weight, and build deep confidence in himself.
Brian is now a Business Strategist, Sales Consultant, Marketing Consultant, and Coach. His mission is to help you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
In today’s interview Brian will discuss:
– The importance in asking for help (especially for men who feel they can’t)
– Why he left a 6 figure per year sales job to strike out on his own
– What he did to become a “better member of society” at the darkest time in his life
– 2 things that everyone can do to massively improve their results and joy in life
– His most important piece of advise for anyone trying to make a sale
– How he has started multiple businesses and what was the key difference between his early businesses and current business that have led it to greater success
– How he pulled himself out of debt when his back was against the wall to create financial stability in his life
– How to deal with rejection in sales (and in life)
– Why a “flash forward” is so important and how you can use it to get on the right track today
– Why we all should become detectives in our past
And so much more!
To learn more about Brian Kang visit his website below or connect with him on Facebook!
FACEBOOK: Brian BJ Kang
To get your subscription to Audible, click the affiliate link below to get a 30 day free trial as well as a book credit for one free book of your choice!
To subscribe to the podcast, search for “Overcoming Graduation” on Itunes or on Stitcher or click here to be taken to the Itunes page!
If this episode was of value to you, please like, share, give a rating, and provide feedback on the show. This will help me understand how I can better serve you and reach even more people!
To provide a rating click here, click the “View in Itunes” button under the podcast art, click “Rating and Reviews” to the right of the podcast art, and then leave me your feedback, I’d love to hear what you think and how I can better serve you!
To buy your copy of the #1 Amazon Best Seller, The First Step, support myTEAM TRIUMPH, and get your free book bonuses, visit TheFirstStepGift.com
To contact me directly for interview recommendations, to provide feedback on the show, or to contact me for speaking engagements / book signings, reach out to me at Brian@OvercomingGraduation.com